Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Home Organization & Storage Ideas

Happy Tuesday! Just a quick note to say that I haven't disappeared, but I've been out of town and am currently tackling a to-do list that feels seven miles long and am buried in school work and prepping for Benjamin's baptism this coming weekend. I'll be back to posting in a day or two with lots to share from Canadian Thanksgiving and a few other projects I'm working on, but for now will be getting the rest of my life in order.

In the mean time, here's a few recently pinned images I've filed under "home organization." Since I'm busy busy with organizing, I thought they would be quite fitting.

To see more of my pinspirations, follow me on pinterest here.

I have a huge supply of cupcake wrappers, and think I might try to do something like this in my kitchen someplace. Even if it is tucked in a cupboard, I think it looks awesome.
I love this use of space for undersink cleaning supply storage, originally from Apartment Therapy.
Catherine from Cat On A Limb turned a six-pack into a storage caddy. How cute is that?
I love the idea of using binder clips in this way. 
And I think this easy DIY jewellery display/storage idea is great.
And more jewellery storage, originally courtesy of YHL. This would be great wall decor in a big walk-in closet or dressing room (neither of which I have, of course, but I still think it is great). 
Leave it to Martha Stewart to make a medicine cabinet look so pretty inside.

And this is Martha Stewart's towel-bar-turned-pot-lid storage idea.
BHG's kitchen organization solution.
And I adore this clever and useful display from Liz Marie Blog. Currently I am designing a simple dressing room for someone, and just might have to create something inspired by this.

With all that inspiration, it's back to some organization and other stuff for me.

Come back soon - and, if you left a comment over the weekend and haven't heard from me, know that I LOVED hearing from you (comments always make me happy) and look forward to responding really soon.

Jenny xo


Linking to some of these great places.

30 comments:

  1. You found some wonderful pins! I will have to go and check out your boards.

    I hope your Thanksgiving was fun!

    Please pop by this weekend if you have time and link up this very Pinteresting post to my weekly Pinning & Singing Pinterest party! I'd be so thrilled to see you!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewelry storage from YHL and the binder clip idea - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned the cupcake wrapper idea too and am going to use it! It's a cute and inexpensive idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the process of trying to organize my home, these are so inspiring and great ideas! Really helps me think outside the box! Thanks!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cupcake liner idea is cute. I may have to give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring. Love the cupcake wrapper idea. Looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I chose today to get my life a little more organized. Glad I found your post. Lots of inspiration.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these wonderful storage ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just letting you know I think your blog is great and I've given you an award that was given to me. No pressure, just letting you know. If you want to participate check my blog at www.colonialcurvecottage.blogspot.com and if not, totally cool. I still like your blog :) Not spam, not a cult and not a plea for money or more readership. Just some kudos from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't Martha just always have the solutions!?!? She drives me crazy! Wishing I could have jewelry display like that - instead it's all crammed into a box and I never wear it because I forget what I have! Oh well. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love the cupcake wrappers and the medicine cabinet...very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Binder Clip cord control - Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love looking at the world in news ways and your ideas did just that! The cupcake papers in the glass jar is so cute I want to rush out and buy some seasonal ones as a kitchen decoration. RIGHT NOW. Do you think if I go to Walmart in my jammies anyone will notice?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The under-the sink storage is SWEET! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jenny, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Loving all these wonderful ideas for storage, especially storing and displaying colorful cupcakes wrappers in the clear jar... so inspiring! I have a whole bunch of them in different colors... will look so lovely on the counter. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. Have a nice day!Hugs~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dream is to have my whole house organized. Alas, my office is always a mess!

    I love these great ideas though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas, Jenny!! I love that cupcake wrapper idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome..Love it..So much creativity lives here..I would love for you to link/share to my Pinspiration thursdays linky party happening now pweease..(I see soo much I'm loving) TY. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdayspin-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. The storage solution for cupcake wrappers is so cute! I never knew what to do with leftover wrappers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for visiting me -- I love to make new blog friends. I am saving this great post you have put together. Some of these ideas are really ingenious.

    I don't know how you can blog with a new baby, but I will be a regular. Hope the baptism is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very clever ideas ! Your blog is such a treasure ! Thank you for your visit today and your kind comment . Keep the energy up , dear Torontonian !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such fun pins! I love the cupcake wrappers in the jar! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Thank you so much for all the inspirational post.

    Happy w/end.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are some fabulous ideas! Love the towel bar for the lids!!!! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Terrific organizational tips!

    Thank you for participation in Potpourri Friday. You have certainly made it more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great, great ideas! I need to really check into some of these & get organized! Thanks for sharing @ Show & Share! I am so happy you did!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are some great ideas--the cupcake liners are a work of art inside that jar! Thanks so much for linking up--hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Jen, what fabulous storage ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)