Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sneak Peek at Savannah's Bedroom Re-do

Hi all - I won't have reveal pics until Sunday or Monday, but wanted to give you a sneak peek at Savannah's new bedroom! Since we were working around using a new-to-her-but-already-owned bedroom set, as well as an already-owned sofa with a blue and green pattern that Savannah loves, AND because we wanted to spend as little as possible, I'm trying to be creative with what is going into the space. 

Here's a reminder of the before and how the room looked a few days ago (you can see more right here). 
Here's that same corner of the room now, obviously "in progress":
So far, the big change is that Bieber's posters are no longer lining the bubble gum pink walls. Instead, it is a sea of greyish-beige with a pale blue ceiling. Professional painters took care of this job, as the amazing vaulted ceiling is way out of my league. 

I also picked up this simple chandelier to replace the pretty, but too juvenile, pink one in the space. We thought about spraying it, but thought this one was perfect and a decent price. It is available here at Home Depot. 

And lastly, I found a fantastic duvet set at HomeSense that perfectly pulled the colours Savannah wanted from the sofa fabric, while adding in a dose of white and grey. Some of the pillows may unlitmately wind up on the couch, but the set included them, shams, and the duvet for only $99, which we got 10% off of. Not too shabby.
Anyway,  I'll give you the up close soon but here's how it is looking right now:
A little different than this, right?
Lots more to come -- as well as one more bedroom makeover that I'm just getting started on!

Jenny xo


Linking to some of these parties

14 comments:

  1. I love it already! Great colors in here, very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love the updates and the color pallette is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect duvet purchase to tie into the existing sofa ... love that the flowers are graphic and large to anchor the bed in what I imagine is a lot of volume {vertical space} in the room with the cathedral ceiling. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see that Savannah has recovered from her bout with Bieber Fever! :-) This room is really shaping up nicely!!! I love the wall color, and the decorative elements are just a lot more grown up, sophisticated...a sign that she's really growing up! While you may have mixed feelings about the "growing up" part, it's fun to watch our kids' taste evolve. The chandelier is a REALLY great addition to the room!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments -- and Alycia, although I still relate and am shocked by how fast she is growing up, Savannah is my sister, not my daughter, so it is probably a bit different for me than for my mom :)

      Delete
  5. soooooo different!! My room growing up looked like the before :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Biebs is being replaced! Is she sad to see him go? :)

    Anyway, LOVE that bedding. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! I so wish my room was big enough to have a cozy chair or loveseat in it. I is look great. I too am SLOWLY working on my bedroom redo. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow..what a difference! my one daughters bedroom is still orange..i think she may be a little embarrassed when she brings home her college friends!
    I am your newest follower pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paint color on the walls and ceiling! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I am wondering if you somehow kept all those posters. I will have to check back to see the transformation.

    Happy weekend to you!
    Amy R.
    {plain & fancy living}

    ReplyDelete
  11. What cute bedding. The room is looking great. Now, you'll just have to make Savannah promise not to put the Bieber pics back up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love hearing from you and read each and every message :)